Demystifying Leadership: What IS Greatness??
Last week was focused on Greatness, and this week continues the trend.
Ponder your “greatness” equations… what creates a Great You? What then creates a Great Team?
And in ALL things, what you focus on… what you “intend”… IS WHAT HAPPENS – so to focus on “what is Great Leadership” will do what? Waste your time? Give you an incremental tiny bump? Or… does this work mean EVERYTHING to what you hope to accomplish in your life?
Write it down! (the “collapsing of the quantum possibilities” – when we talk: it could be this; it could be that – when we WRITE… the sentence is in black and white. It is absolutely crucial! Otherwise, until you see your black/ white equations, you won’t truly know.. until it is too late.)
Again, write them down!
Here are some popular ones that clients have reported to me for you to consider:
- Greatness is a result of hard work – opportunity meets sweat and good fortune happens.
- Greatness is a trait that one is born with – hard work can get you close… but it is not truly Great.
- Why must I choose Greatness – isn’t “good” good enough?
- I get it. I want my potential – I want my legacy!
- I am not sure it is in me to be “great.” I care and I work hard. What more can I do?
Can you write down yours? Will you send them to me?
And, have some thoughtful fun, too. Each one of the five above has a “fatal flaw.” Some are obvious, some are not. What would YOU do if this was a leader under your supervision and asked you for help? What would you say to them?
(In Friday’s “Demystify” I will show what I did with them. AND… how do you get someone to believe in them, too?)